It’s important that children are fit and active. The best way to do that is by introducing children to sports. Herein we look at what it takes to introduce children to sports:
- Multiple Benefits: Children being active not only imparts them social skills but also provides them with greater confidence, and strong bone/muscle development. So, it’s natural to get your child to play a sport.
- Decide on what you want: Decide why you want to introduce a new sport to the child. Look for the important factors to decide, for example, accessibility to the game venue, the distance of the venue from your home, any special skill that your child is interested to develop, hang out together with friends, etc.
- Variety: Adding variety is important to keep the children interested. If the sport chosen by the child is getting monotonous, be open to changing the game and provide the option to explore a new game. This way children will be busy with sports for a longer time.
- Get the Gear: For playing a sport, it’s important that the appropriate Sports Gear is worn by the child. They will enjoy the Game more and get serious about it. So, if you can’t buy the Gear, borrow it from friends or the club.
- Be Safe: No one wants to get hurt while playing the sport. It takes out the fun from the sporting experience. Many sports have essential safety gear. Ensure that your child wears the safety gear while playing.
- Take it Easy: Don’t pressurise the child to train hard and master the sports. Don’t focus on the negatives about how your child is playing the sport. Don’t compare them with others who are playing the game. Allow children to enjoy the game and have fun. That should be the key focus so that children remain fit and active.
So, Motivate the child to take up the sport and cherish his sporting endeavours!